Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rimmel Natural Bronzer / Review

This little bronzer was quite a surprise. Under $10.00!!! Definitely a steal!


Over powder it goes on evenly and has just the right amount of shimmer for a natural look. The shade I have is 021 Sun Light, perfect for my fair complexion. I rarely wear foundation but always a little bronzer otherwise it seems the redness of my cheeks is too obvious. This bronzer is also perfect for contouring, again because it has very little shimmer and in not orangy like so may others out there. What I get with this is, to put it simply, a healthy glow.

The only downside to this product is the container. Thin flimsy plastic it looks horribly cheap! Once you open it, after a few uses, you can't screw the top back on because it gets too loose. Now this is not the end of the world since I don't carry it in my purse. I do my makeup in the morning and only keep a powder compact and lipstick in my purse. Ok I do keep several lipsticks in there, I love them what can I say!

Do I recommend this bronzer? Yes!

Blendable color, natural finish with very little shimmer and not orangy it's definitely a winner and for the price the quality is quite surprising but you do have to get passed the cheap container. If you're on a budget this is perfect, it really is!

Almost forgot, I apply it with a Quo blush brush that I've "recycled" for this purpose since it was pretty horrible for blush application. With this bronzer it does an honest job, preventing me from applying too much. I personally find the hair a little stiff and it tend to break/shed. Not that pleasant to use so I plan on getting a new one but I just haven't been looking into that much. You can see a picture of the one I have on the right here. I know this brand is gaining in popularity and they do have other ranges of brushes that seem quite nice. This one, not so much but I got it for about $10.00 on special so it's not dramatic.

Reviews:

MakeupAlley: 4 / 5 lippies for 154 reviews for Rimmel's Natural Bronzer in shade 021 Sun Light.
Beauté-test:  4 / 5 stars for 12 reviews for Rimmel's Natural Bronzer, all shades.

Reviews for Quo's Blush Brush

Makeup Alley: 3.6 / 5 lippies for 73 reviews.


Rimmel Natural Bronzer retails for $6.98 at Walmart.
Quo brushes are available at Shoppers Drugmart / Pharmaprix


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...