Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Clinique's Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder / Review

A staple and clear favorite of mine. I think I bought my first one in my late teens and have always owned one. Through the years the name has changed, I think, and for the good of all, they've added several shades.

Perfect to set makeup, this was my go to back in the days when my skin was super oily. Combined with The Body Shop Blotting Papers (before the addition of tea tree oil) to absorb the excess oil, this powder took care of the remaining shine. 



I do like the sponge applicator for discrete touch ups but more often than not I make a little trip to the powder room (love that name) and use the little retractable brush that Clinique includes with their loose powder. It's small and perfect for either powder, bronzer or blush touch ups during the day.

It's a good quality powder but you have to be careful not to overdo it in the eye area. Because it is matte it could amplify little expression lines and wrinkles thus making one look either older or more tired. Not what any of us are going for.

There are many many other options out there and some are more "fashionable" than others. This is not the most outstanding product nor is it the most popular. It's just a good basic powder. Nothing more.

Would I recommend it? Yes!

With a price that's more than reasonable in my opinion, $27.00, you can keep it in your purse at all times. The compact is of good quality and I must say quite sturdy. The exterior finish keeps it's shiny finish a long time despite constant contact with other makeup items I may keep in my purse, it my case it's mainly lipsticks. The powder is hardly pressed and solid so depending on the type of purse you carry, if you drop it, there a good chance it will remain intact. Another good point.

Reviews:

MakeupAlley: 3 / 5 lippies for 30 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 191 reviews.

If you like compacts you may enjoy this previous entry, Beautiful Compacts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...