Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in Smoke Grey / Review

On my quest for the perfect liner for my deep set eyes I decided to try Clinique's. Since I find black to harsh for my eyes I usually go for dark browns or dark greys when they're available. Here I chose Smoke Grey.

The color, perfect! The performance, horrible!




The color is more like a deep taupe than a dark grey and it's matte. Again, perfect! It comes with a little eye liner brush but I got rid of it right away, it was too short to work with for me.

The application didn't go very smoothly. On the sheer side, I needed to go back a few times to have a good even pigmented line. This should have been a warning sign. I don't mind having to do this but in the case of this liner, it was kind of stiff from the start and I had to apply pressure on my lids for the color to show.

It barely lasted one hour on me before it started to disintegrate in little patches on my upper lid. Not what I was looking for, at all! This is so sad since like I've mentioned, this liner was the perfect color. I know I'm repeating myself but it's not every company that does this type of shade. Dark greys almost always come with a little shimmer which I dislike very much.

Give us more matte options, please!

Not a big loss but it's still frustrating to waste $16.00.



Reviews:

MakeupAlley: 3.6 / 5 lippies for 35 reviews
Beauté-test: there are no reviews for this product

One more note. The poor performance of this eye liner could be in part due to the color. When looking at reviews of the True Black shade, they are quite positive. It's given a  4.4 / 5 lippies for 187 reviews. Too bad black isn't my color. :(

One final note, Beautypedia raves about it. I wonder if they really tried all the colors. Probably not.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...