Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm / Review

Bran new display, the drugstore where I went today had just received these yesterday. I can't remember the last time I bought something from Cover Girl. In fact I think it was a foundation way back when they where promoting "clean makeup". I purchased this in the shade Mauve Twist 275. I'm not much of a fan of big crayons but at $7.49 I figured why not give it a try.


I'm so sorry I haven't swatched anything for you yet but I can't figure out where to do it other than outside and these days it's pretty cold. I tried with the brightest light I have in the house but it truly doesn't give a clear picture. I'll do a bit of research in the new year to figure out a set up for this.

So, about this color Mauve Twist. First if you're expecting a lilac'ish or mauv'ish kind of color you'll be disappointed. It's much warmer than the picture shows. Actually I can hardly see any cool undertones in it. Second, if you're expecting good color payoff, you'll be disappointed. It's sheer, very sheer. You really must go over and over and over again to get any color on your lips. Finally, if you're expecting a glossy color, again, you'll be disappointed. It is not glossy at all.

It's got "Balm" in the name. Huh? No balm feel at all. It's actually almost kind of dry. Not at all what I was expecting. The feel is almost sticky and the color disappears rather quickly. No color payoff with this shade.

If you want to try this product, go for bolder shades like Scarlet Twist 250 or Ruby Twist 245 you may get better results. Still, I'm doubtful about the staying power. I think you'd be better off with a tinted lip balm like Burt's Bees or even better, Clinique's Almost Lipstick.

Sorry Cover Girl but it's a no no for me. :(

Update (2013-01-06)

As I was thinking, bolder colors give better results. Have a look at Michelle's review for the color 250, a beautiful sheer red. Plus, it looks smashing on her. See it on her blog, Lipstick Rules.

Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm no 250

Screen capture of no 275 from drugstore.com

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...