Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara...

I finally purchased it! I think it was back in August that I first started to notice this one so why not until now? I have no idea!

The last two I tried and reviewed were L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess and Diorshow Iconic. While the first did a good job in the beginning it turned rather quickly into a weird goop, the second had a great formula that kept the curl all day but the brush was a little of a pain to use due to the tight placing of the bristles.

Diorshow Iconic Overcurl...

A favorite for many! The brush's bristles are placed in a more traditional fashion and so application is faster and easier than with it's mate Iconic. Holding the brush against the lashes for a few seconds you can get a bit of a natural lift but on me this doesn't last. I still need to heat my lash curler not only to achieve the effect I want but it's also the only way the curl will last all day.




For me a good mascara does indeed require a good formula but if the brush doesn't do a proper job during application, well, it's kind of for nothing. Of course we all have our preferences in that regard.

What about Diorshow Iconic Overcurl's brush?

It's curved!

I'm not a fan of curved brushes because I find them hard to work with, especially in the inner corner of my eyes where my lashes are shorter. Ok I know it's not only me, we all have shorter lashes in that area! Many swear by the curve but I'm not one of them.




The formula...

I'm not sure if I got a "good one"! The first week I used it, it went on like a dream, thickened and lengthened my lashes in just a few swipes. Kept the curl a good 10 hours (with the help of my heated lash curler) and didn't produce any flakes.

After that, it went downhill! It's like it dried up in no time. The formula got thick and was hard to use by the end of the second week. It's important to note that I never, ever, pump the brush in the container. This is a big no no since it brings air in and can ruin a mascara in no time. I just don't know what happened. The temperature where I keep my makeup is on the normal side at about 21°C with no direct sunlight at this time of year. I did not leave it open, I love the little "click" it does when I screw the wand back in so this didn't happen. I purchased it at Sephora and the box was pristine so I doubt it had been opened. If you have any idea please let me know in the comments section because I'd really like to solve this mystery.

Would I recommend Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara? I just don't know!

The formula that first week was excellent and had just the right consistency to be able to apply 2 to 3 coats for a beautiful dramatic effect. I was even able to get a bit of a "lift" before using my lash curler. After those first 10 days or so, it got thick, was hard to apply with clumps here and there and horror of horror, flakes, lots of them. The last straw was that it didn't keep the curl for more than 5 hours or so. This is truly baffling!

For this one, don't take my word for it, really I mean it! Just look at the reviews below, it's a favorite for many and several of my bloguerette friends swear by it and that's after having tried several other high end formulas. This is the reason why I think I got a bad one. Even a not so good mascara will be relatively good for at least a month and a half, not barely two weeks! I just can't remember this happening to me before

One last note...

The wand is quite long and some may struggle a little with this at first but you do get used to it.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4 / 5 lippies for 17 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 83 reviews.


Update...

Last night out of the blues I thought why not try to take it back at Sephora where I purchased it? So today I did and the first thing I was told was that I wasn't the first one disappointed with this Dior mascara. Apparently there seems to be a bad batch out there! Duh!!!

I guess this answers my questions!

I'm glad I didn't press "enter" on this entry this morning!

They did exchange it, I didn't even have my receipt and so that's what I call great customer service!

So if Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara is you favorite than please carry on! Just know that it is possible to get a dud, even with Dior! :)


Have you ever purchased a mascara that dried up in no time or with an "off" formula?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...