Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Icaria's Turns 2...

This was such a crazy week that I completely forgot about my blog Anniversary!!!

Icaria's turned 2 on the 16th of January, at 3:29 pm to be exact!!!

This is my 510th post!!!

When I think about the first one I can still remember how nervous I was just before pressing "Enter". Would anyone read it? Well according to my stats, yes. It got 34 hits on that first post and a guy named Phil, who is partly responsible for this venture, graciously left a comment.  :)

I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through this past year without this beautiful creative platform which has brought me so much pleasure and personal satisfaction. If you click on the About Moi tab you'll understand what I mean. It's been more than therapeutic, it's enabled to not only express myself about what I love but also to become part of a community comprised of beautiful passionate ladies...

Olivia, Sunny, Stacey, Gio, Tavia, LilyTracy, Melissa... are some of the ladies who have been there for me with beautiful words of encouragement when I truly needed them. Oh and there's Linda who pops in here and there, in fact always at the right moment from Ottawa, a non blogger who just loves beauty stuff!

There are many others of course! New commenters are starting to pop up, new web-friendships are starting to bloom and I couldn't be happier. Icaria's is growing and this mom is pretty proud of her baby!

Those first 34 views are what told me that I too might have my place in the blogosphere and today I know I do!

Here is one of my favorite paintings. As a child it was on a box of felt crayons I owned and I had no idea who Van Gogh was at the time but I loved the style and dreamed of visiting this enchanted place one day. If I could, I would invite you all to this little café in Arles for a celebratory drink!


Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890)
Musée Kröller-Müller, Otterlo, Pays-Bas


Thank you for stopping by, thank you for reading and thank you for leaving comments...

You have no idea what this means to me, really you don't! 


Merci!



Hélène xoxoxoxo.................



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...