Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013, The Favorites...

This is my first time doing such a list and to make it easier for myself I decided to go with the products that were hits "at first use", the ones that really made me go... Wow! This past year I've had to replace a lot of my old makeup and yes there were a few misses along the way but I'm glad to say that there were more than a few great finds.

Those of you who follow Icaria's on a regular basis will recognise most of them for they have been mentioned several times already. This in a way feels a little redundant but what can I say, they are my ultimate favorites of 2013!


Favorite compacts...




I went a little nuts this year with face products and this started with Givenchy Le Prisme Visage Mat which was such a great find, never having tried any of this brand's products before. It's always in my purse and I use it every day to keep the shine away! Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo in Coral Glow... Oh how I love thee!!! The perfect summer glow! Honestly, I don't know how Dior can top this one! Guerlain Madame Rougit Blush came out last fall and is such a pleasure to use and just perfect for my skin tone aaaaannnnd.... Guerlain Crazy Terracotta and Guerlain Crazy Météorites. These two amazing powders should definitely become part of the brand's regular line.


Favorite eye palettes...




You will notice that these palettes are on the neutral side. As mentioned, I had to replace some of my old makeup and so these are now part of my "basics". Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude Eye Palette gets some love almost every morning, especially Cement which is great for my upper lids and Slate that I use with a slanted brush to lightly define my lower lash line. NARS Fairy's Kiss, to think I almost missed out on this one for I took my sweet time to get it. Chanel Ombres Matelassée in Charming was a big splurge but oh so worth it! Not the most in your face colors but so perfect for every day.


Favorite eye combination...




My favorite combination this year? Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal and Diorshow Velvet eyeshadow! I know on the picture they look a little similar but Velvet is more grey than Fatal and gives my eyes more Oomf! Who would have thought I would go for glitter? :)


Favorite lipsticks...




Now this was easy! NARS Tolède Satin Lipstick and Rouge Dior Grège 1947. Nuf said! :)


Favorite nail colors...




Chanel Le Vernis 583 Taboo and Diorific Vernis 995 Minuit are my year's ultimate favorites. Funny that Chanel was the first I purchased and Dior the last. In between there were some smashing colors that I really loved wearing. Essie The Girls Are Out made my summer more lively while Guerlain Madame Batifole was a great transition into fall where I fell for Dior Vernis Nuit 1947 and Essie Sable Collar.


So here you have them, my favorites of 2013! Have any of mine made your list?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...