Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre, Diapason...

The new Chanel Note de Printemps collection for spring 2014 is out!

Notes de printemps stands for spring notes, musical notes for all the items in the collection have names that refer to music.  

Honestly if I could, I would probably purchase every single item except for the Poudre Universelle Compacte in Préface which I found surprisingly too matte. The rest of the collection is really, I mean really very pretty and not as "been there done that" as I thought it would be.

Soon the quad Quadrille will come home with me but what has already found it's way into my makeup bag is one of the two Illusion d'Ombre...

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre, #92 Diapason...

I knew I was going to love it, I just knew it!




Diapason, which commonly refers to a tuning fork, is a beautiful deep purple with a warm base that has nothing to do with any usual purples especially the pastel ones we are starting to see pop up here and there in spring collections. This one is for grown ups!

The texture is light and blendable but you have to work quickly when applying it because it sets fast. I personally don't like the little brush that comes with it much but if you want major color payoff it does deliver. I prefer to use a standard eye shadow brush for a lighter effect. Fingers work well too but my pinkie isn't very precise.




The formula...

The great plus here is that there are barely any glitter fall out especially compare to a powder eye shadow. I apply it over NARS Pro-Prime base and it stays put all day, almost as long as Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal. I don't know if it's because of the different pigments used but Diapason did start to crease a little after about 11 hours and the glitter did fade a little more than Fatal. Still I won't complain since this is long enough for a work day.

Chanel really has a hit on their hands with these Illusion d'Ombres because compare to others I've swatched, they wear like iron, well almost. I swatched a few from another brand today and although the texture was creamier and easier to work with, it was obvious that I would have gotten barely 6 hours of wear and probably some glitter fall out as well.

Hey I have SWATCHES!!! :D


Next to Fatal we can clearly see the warm undertones of Diapason.

On the left is Fatal first applied with the little Chanel brush, then with finger. I did the same for Diapason on the right. Notice the little blob of color that occurred with the brush. It does make the colors darker but it can also make the finish uneven so smoothing out with a finger is a must when using it and again, you have to work fast because these babies set in no time! As mentioned in my review of Fatal, there is glitter but it's not an overdone in your face glitter. It barely shows on the picture but believe me it's there although I do think there's a little less in Diapason.

At $38.00, Chanel Illusion d'Ombre are pricey but you get a lot of product, 4g. (0.14oz) and a jar that closes shut so it should be a while before it dries out.


What do you think of cream eye shadows? Have you tried any of Chanel Illusion d'Ombres? 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...