Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 Mascara...

One thing I have to give Givenchy, presentation!




Recently I returned a mascara to Sephora and got into a lengthy conversation about brushes with one of the SAs. She was just lovely and as geeky about them as I am. This was right after my mascara brushes post and she gave me a few suggestions, among them Tarte and YSL because they were out of Guerlain's Cils d'Enfer which is on my "to try" list. I decided to go for...

Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 Mascara...

What it is:
A four-in-one mascara that creates intense volume, strong curl, infinite length, and complete lash care.

What it does:
This multitasking mascara is formulated with Givenchy’s exclusive Lash Booster Expert Complex that provides nutrition, revitalization, fortification, and protection. 

Research results:
-Based on a self-evaluation on 32 women after 4 weeks of daily application, 91% had visibly volumized, curled, and lengthened lashes.
-Based on clinical scoring on 32 women after 8 weeks of daily applications, 100% recorded lash beauty and strength, surface shine, evenness, and suppleness. 

Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.




Such a beauty! The brush... must have been designed by an even more geekybrushpickynut than me! Despite the fact that it's totally out there, it works amazingly well.




If only the mascara itself was up to par with the brush! You can see on the top picture the nice point the formula has. It's just the right consistency, not too thick, not too thin and on the bottom picture, notice the rounded tip of the brush. It surprisingly works extremely well, even in the inner corner of my eyes. Since it does keep quite a bit of product on you must not "wiggle" the brush when applying this mascara otherwise you'll end up with a thick mess.

It does go on smooth, gives length, volume and is a beautiful satiny black but sadly it doesn't last. It tends to flake a little and kind of disappears during the course of the day. It resists the heat of the heated lash curler and does keep the curl for about six hours but it has no oomph!

I could apply two coats but more and it started to clump!

Would I recommend Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 Mascara? Sadly no.

Unless you have beautifully long curly lashes to begin with I doubt this one will do much for you. I myself will be using it on weekends when I go for lighter eye makeup and maybe my lashes will take advantage of it's lash boosting properties.

By the way, that nice SA at Sephora was 100% correct about Givenchy's. She told me they often recommended it to women who wanted to achieve a natural look. For this it does work but I'm not ready to let go of a more dramatic effect yet so this one will not be a repurchase.

Have you tried any of Givenchy's makeup offerings?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...