Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 6...

Oh my what a week!!!


Update on furbaby Julius...

He's going to be fine! Catherine and I are so relieved and want to thank you all for your kind words last week.

He got sick totally out of the blue and it would seem it was a severe case of upset stomach. We brought him to the clinic on Monday and they took some blood for analysis. The vet gave us a few scenarios one of which was pancreatitis. Apparently schnauzers are prone to this and it would have required hospitalisation. I'm so thankful and relieved that it wasn't what he was suffering from. That dog is so precious to us, he's been our therapist, the one who made us smile when we thought we couldn't. He's one heck of a barking machine but he's our baby and we love him. So does Fifi by the way since she kept hovering and meowing around him as to say come on, snap out of it! :)

Given the highly emotional weekend I spent the week in a mild coma and was only able to deal with my day job. This means that I don't have anything written and I have a bit of writer's block at the moment but I should be able to get back on track soon since I have a few nice goodies to review.


This week's makeup love...

Guerlain Terracotta La Sélection de l'Été! Ok I can see you frown from here but wait! It's not because it was released for summer that I can't enjoy it in January! There I said it! :) The beautiful khaki green paired with the mauvy brown are just sooo smashingly beautiful together and went so well with the clothes I wore. I also enjoyed Chanel Charming palette which has definitely become a staple.

Lipstick love were fuss free NARS Dolce Vita and Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 06 Rosewood Shimmer which I could both reapply without a mirror. The was also Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush in Esquisse #683 which hasn't been reviewed yet due to the lack of good lighting. It's a beautiful rosewood color that's a little darker than what I've been reaching for lately.

Of course the pictures are not optimum! It's been cloudy and overcast lately. I'm sorry but this was the best I could do.





Guerlain La Sélection de l'Été (2013)


Nails...

Chanel Le Vernis Taboo!


New additions...

I took back Diorshow Iconic Overcurl to Sephora and wanted to try Guerlain Cils d'Enfer but they were out of black so I decided to go for Givenchy Noir Couture. I also returned Chanel Joues Constraste #85 Évocation due to the fact it wasn't the color I wanted in the first place and in the pan it looked pretty similar to a Bourjois blush I rarely wear these days and keep at the office in my emergency bag. I exchanged it for Illusion d'Ombre in Diapason and Le Vernis in Charivari... :)

Recently I purchased L'Occitane en Provence Ultra Rich Lotion for Body and so this week got a small size of the hand cream.



I got a gift!

Sunny from Mostly Sunny sent me a gift which I received just before New Year's (I think!). I won't tell what it is except that it was extremely thoughtful of her. It's a little something that I really, I mean really wanted to get my hands on, a pretext to write about a certain subject that is dear to me. I don't know when I'll have enough time to do it justice but hopefully it will be soon.


For your... listening enjoyment...

This week it's a song to which there are apparently no video, a rare occurrence these days. Those of you who live in Canada will probably recognise it from a TV commercial. It may be well known in Europe, I have no idea except I love it's retro sound.

On the image below, can you tell which lip gloss she's holding? :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUNcEU6A56M



Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...