Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

An Ode to Spring...

Over and done with the holidays now we can start thinking about spring! Seriously! Only 2 1/2 months left of winter! I know, I know we could get a snow storm in April but let's not think about that!

Starting to appear by mid January these beauties below will sure help make you forget about the horrible cold (and snow) outside! Here are the ones I'm most looking forward to see in real life!


Chanel Collection Notes de Printemps...

Ok so these colors, just like the ones from the holiday palette of Ombres Matelassées in Charming aren't the most original but and this is a bit but, given the long wear I get from this brand's eyeshadows, it's more than likely that I will get something from this collection. The duo, Rose Majeur looks mighty tempting and I haven't worn a real purple in ages so the Illusion d'Ombre in Diapason seems to be calling for my green eyes. Now the compact! I mentioned recently in my second Beautiful Compacts post that I was planning on getting a Chanel this year and what would be better than a special edition? This light pinkish color looks perfect to create that spring time glow, you know the one we get from being outside on those first days of sunny warm weather?



Les 4 Ombres, 537 Quadrille  Ombres Contraste Duo, 70 Rose Majeur
Illusion d'Ombre, 92 Diapason  Chanel Poudre Universelle, 160 Préface


Guerlain Météorites Blossom Collection...

This brand is literally killing me! The eye shadows of this collection are all a bit meh for me (you can see swatches of the quad on Wondegondigo, here) but look at the Doré Météorites!!! I think I died and went to heaven when I saw these! This year Guerlain reinvents the legendary Météorites with the "Stardust Technology" a spherical pigment contained in each pearl. Along with these new beauties, Guerlain is also launching two new cream blushes, (picture from Chic Profile, just click on it to see the rest of the collection) Météorites bubble in Pink (#01) and Cherry (#02). Although I'm not too impressed by the not so Guerlain packaging with transparent caps (Shu Uemura has an almost identical blush, the Creamy Dome Blusher), I believe these will sell like hot cakes especially given their respective colors. Since cream blushes scare me a little so I'm not sure I'll fall for either but I will definitely have a closer look and swatch them.







Dior Trianon Collection Spring 2014...

Inspired by the Petit Trianon the private estate of Marie-Antoinette on the grounds of Versailles, the collection is composed of beautiful pastels in matte and satin finishes. There are two quints coming out but they appear to be a little to light, a little too pastel for my personal taste. Below is the item that caught my eye, the Trianon Palette. From other pictures I've seen the shades seem a bit darker in real life and so more wearable for me. Dior is also launching a new basic called Backstage Eye Primer, an eye makeup base lightly colored to help even out skin tone and make colors more true. 



Dior Trianon Palette


Bobbi Brown Uber Pink Collection...

This collection you can read about on British Beauty Blogger by clicking on the picture below. Both the lipstick and blush are calling my name!!! They look a little on the coral/warm side which would be just perfect for my skin tone. :)






NARS Final Cut, Edge of Pink Collection Spring 2014...

Look at these blushes!!! I might fall for one of them, might! What makes me sad is that there are no "real" lipsticks and only crayons. I dislike crayons with a passion! I know they get smashing reviews but to me they lack in elegance. I might try one this time around but it's really not a done deal.






YSL Flower Crush Collection Spring 2014...

Will I take the plunge? I sincerely have no idea. For some reason I always pass on YSL and to this day have never purchased any makeup from this brand mainly because the packaging just doesn't do it for me. This palette below might change that. The compact is not that stunning but the colors it holds are. I could definitely see myself wearing these right into summer but that of course is if I don't go for the gorgeous Dior shown above. I mean how many Spring palettes does a girl need and there will be more for summer, let's not forget that. 



YSL Flower Crush Collector Eye Palette



Lancôme French Ballerine Spring 2014 Collection...

A beautiful palette with a soft pink and what appears to be a dark purple mixed with neutral earth tones, flattering for almost any carnation. The highlighter blush looks positively stunning with it's embossed Lancôme Rose but I'm actually quite intrigued by the Hypnôse eye colors. I might try one of these so see how they compare with Chanel Illusion d'Ombres. 







Estée Lauder launches Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick...

Designed to sculpt lips with high intensity colors that stay true up to six hours this new formula is composed of an exclusive Time Release Encapsulated Moisture Complex with Hyaluronic Acid. The packaging which is pure Estée Lauder with it's gold enhanced navy blue is elegant and features a magnetic closure. Twenty new shades! I haven't purchased an Estée Lauder lipstick in ages but I do think I'll get one of these babies... or maybe two! :)






Clinique Gerbera Blush "Cheek Pops" Spring 2014...

Ok now these are totally adorable and according to Jane, British Beauty Blogger, they are even lovelier in real life. Read her comment and see her pictures, here.





This was what the weather was like today in Montréal!!! Please Spring, come fast!!!



That's -36.4° Fahrenheit!!!


So, are you as excited about Spring as I am? Did anything strike your fancy? 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...