Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

NARS Dolce Vita...

Ah la Dolce Vita!

I dream of this! To be able to do what I want when I want would be a dream but sadly I live in the real world so I guess I'll settle for a lazy Sunday and a lipstick!

NARS Dolce Vita...

Given NARS tendency to stick with cinematic and artistic themes, I would think the name refers to Federico Fellini's 1960 movie La Dolce Vita but I won't go there since I get the feeling that it's been written about already. Still, I'm quite sure this lipstick would have been stunning on Anouk Aimée. :)




Dolce Vita is another gorgeous "my lips but better" color! Creamy, it feels like a balm, fades evenly and doesn't enhance dry spots due to its light pigments. A medium dusty rose that appears darker on the bullet, Dolce Vita is sheer with some slip which means that it lasts about two hours but fades evenly and leaves a light stain on the lips. It's just perfect for this time of year and I love the fact that I can swipe it on without a mirror.

This little NARS beauty has found a permanent residence in my purse along with Rouge Dior Grège 1947 which pulls a little more coral on me. Not as "pink" nor as pigmented as NARS Tolède, Dolce Vita is a nice seasonal "replacement". Tolède with its long wear formula remains a favorite but it has a matte finish which means it's slightly drying and wearing a balm under alters the look I love so much so that's not an option.




I was looking for a similar shade with a more moisturizing feel and Dolce Vita is perfect! Sooo comfortable to wear! It's no wonder it was voted "Best Overall Lipstick" by InStyle in 2011. I'm not a fan of magazines "best of" lists but this time I do agree and there's also the fact that it suitable for most skin tones. Tasteless, with antioxidants and a blend of conditioners, you can definitely feel it's moisturizing effect. Truly a perfect winter time lipstick!

Do you find you use different lipstick formulas in winter?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...