Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nivea Aqua Effect Refreshing Foaming Cleanser / Review

Almost out of my Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser, the one I use in the shower, I had a decision to make...

To repurchase or to not repurchase...

Looking through past posts I realised that I had not reviewed this Caudalie cleanser! *facepalm*





Super effective, non drying and non irritating even on the eye area I really enjoyed using it. The only problem was, for some mysterious reason some of it always ended up in my mouth!!! It smells great but tastes awful!

Like Nuxe, Caudalie is reformulating their cleansers which I find a little annoying. Both the old cleansing water and foam cleanser from Nuxe where total HG for me. The new version, not so much. With Caudalie there's a good chance I will try the new formulas but not just yet.

Since I spent quite a bit on makeup recently and still have some items I want to get I've had to cut down on a few things. One was the cleanser I keep in the shower and so recently I was using Dove soap! Yes the super cheap little bar and it worked quite nicely as my morning refresher. I would have kept on using it if not for this Nivea cleanser that I picked up last week at Walmart for $6.00.




Nivea Aqua Effect Refreshing Foaming Cleanser for Normal Skin...

For a morning cleanser it works nicely. I use two pumps for face and neck. Nivea's texture is more creamy than Caudalie and the fragrance it quite strong which took some getting used to. It's not dramatic but if you are sensitive to strong smelling skin care you better stay away from this one.

How does Nivea Foaming Cleanser perform? It did ok.

This is not the best nor is it the worst. Fine to use in the morning but not that great for makeup removal at night. Keep in mind that I don't wear a lot of makeup, only my Estée Lauder BB cream, bronzer and a little blush. Using a micellar water afterward to make sure my skin was clean, I could still pick up some dirt and makeup. For the eye area, forget about it! While Caudalie did a nice job, even on Benefit They're Real! mascara (it's not a waterproof formula but it's quite stiff), Nivea just leaves a smudgy mess and after two or three nights it was starting to be drying. So for makeup removal, it's a no go.

Would I recommend Nivea Aqua Effect Refreshing Foaming Cleanser? Not really...

Unless it's on special. To use during your morning shower it's a nice cheap alternative but to remove makeup at night it's not that good. Also as mentioned, the fragrance is quite strong. I will use it but will not repurchase.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: there are none for this cleanser.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 69 reviews


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...