Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hair Quest: The Results!

Last June was just horrible in Montreal! Rain, humidity, more rain!!! If only we could have a refund for it but apparently that's not the way it works. So now we're left with twenty days of Summer and we'll probably have a few more hot and sticky ones as was the case this past week.

Saturday I did my hair color and it was perfect! I mean the color was great and styling was a breeze. I ended up with beautiful sleek shiny hair. The weather was just amazing! Sunny, a bit of a breeze and most importantly, no humidity!





Yesterday morning... Another story! I was still in bed and could hear the thunderstorm we where having. By the time I got up it was over but the sky remained grey and the temperature was cooler, in fact it's almost cold this morning! *cries* Needless to say that there was lots of humidity in the air, even though it didn't rain again during the day.

One hour on my balcony and boom!!! The frizz was back!

In fact last week I had an interview and did my hair in the morning. It was hot and humid and so by the time I got there for 10:00 am, my hair was a mess. Great for a first impression... :(

Hmmm... Guess the Hair Quest I started in June didn't go so well...


Here's a picture from back in June of some of the products up for trial.

Of these the only keeper is L'Oréal Elnett. The fine durable mist is perfect when my hair is up.

TRESemmé Heat Tamer Spray and the styling gel haven't been reviewed but I've used these last Winter and they did ok. Nothing impressive but I didn't have much time to fuss with my hair back then so I stuck with them. I still have some of the spray left and will probably finish the bottle but I don't think I'll repurchase. The gel, well I think it's discontinued since I can't find it on the company's website. It's a huge tube that I got it at a dollar store and for some mysterious reason I can't find it this morning to give you it's specific name but I do believe it was part of the Climate Protection Collection.


Everything else I tried turned up to be... Major fails and they are all going straight to the fail bin!


Do keep in mind that it's not because they are a no go for me that they won't work for you. All are extremely popular so this is not a "bashing" post in any way, they just didn't do the job on my hair. If a favorite of yours is listed here do let me know in the comments along with your hair type, I would love to read how you use them.


Here are the products I tried and tried and tried...


I had high hopes for these first two...

L'Oréal Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Crème


Of the following three, only one was reviewed and I must say, they all performed the same... 

Garnier Fructis Style Thermo Sleek Spray

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk

Göt2b Crazy 4 Sleek Days Flat Iron & Blow Dry Lotion

These all felt drying and I used about the same quantity of product for each. Whether I followed with the flat iron or not didn't do much of a difference and that was even on days where the humidity factor didn't come much into play.

In the case of Göt2b brand, I don't think I will repurchase any other offerings. All I've tried through the years has been a turn down. The latest before this lotion was a mousse which produced so much flakes it was just nuts. Oh I also have a beach spray bought earlier this Summer that I will eventually review. Not a hit and the fragrance is, well, not that great.

Earlier in April I had tried The Body Shop's Brazil Nut Define & No Frizz which was one of the nicest in terms of both fragrance and feel. Less drying it unfortunately didn't do much for my hair either.

All in all, my Quest so far is a failure but it's not over! With cooler temperatures on the way it'll be easier to keep my hair frizz free but it would be nice to be able to skip a morning of flat iron.


Hair styling products from the drugstore? I think I'm done! 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...