Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Essie Cashmere Bathrobe NOTD & My New Nail Model...

Part of the For The Twill Of It Fall 2013 collection previously shown, here, Cashmere Bathrobe is a gorgeous medium/dark grey with just enough glitter to give it all the dimension this type of color deserves.

I do own a few greys but never feel comfortable wearing them and I guess the lack of shimmer is the reason. Then again, I'm not a shimmer nail polish kind of girl so don't expect me to go for any shiny silver any time soon. What I do like is when a formula shows "intelligent" dimension and Cashmere Bathrobe has that.

Introducing Catherine, my new nail model...








Here goes...

Not because she's my daughter (I swear!) but Catherine has the most gorgeous hands ever!!! Long, thin and beautifully proportioned. *sigh* She does struggle with her nails a little and now tries to take better care of them and based on these I'd say she's on the right track. I'm glad she agreed to do this since at the moment I'm trying out a few nail polishes myself and wanted to bring you this color that just came out this week.

Do forgive the application, I'm not a nail technician and did my best, it's not the same applying nail polish on someone else' nails. The picture on the right is more representative of the color and you can see the shine that this grey has. It's almost as if the light was coming from within. It's really lovely!

The formula...

This one took me by surprise! It's thinner than the other Essie I own, in fact it's pretty sheer with one coat but since the brush is soft, the second coat is super easy to apply and the color smooths out on it's own. Drying time is pretty fast and this is rather important for my 14 yrs old girl! She's got stuff to do and this is as girly as she gets. She's a no fuss kind of girl.

To remember...

It's a thin formula so a second coat will be necessary. It dries quickly, first coat a few minutes and second coat, I'd say about 15 minutes but I had Catherine wait 30 just to be on the safe side.

Cashmere Bathrobe is a gorgeous fall color that goes with practically everything and I believe it's a great alternative to all the khakis we've been seeing. They are all beautiful but I personally find this type of color easier to wear everyday.



Essie For The Twill Of It Fall 2013 Collection


You'll be glad to know that my nail model's fees were quite reasonable, supper is all she asked for! Fewww!

Have you seen Essie's new Twill Of It Collection? Which color talks to you the most?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...