Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Notable Reads, Vol. 20...

A little personal update...

For some obscure reason these past few weeks I've been feeling a little out of it. Call it lack of inspiration, writers block or simply a lack on interest for Fall. I simply don't want to see Summer end.





With the death of André, last Spring, it won't come as a surprise to know that this was the worst Summer of my life but now I'm dreading Winter even more! My smart, beautiful daughter, thankfully is back in school and is doing well. Youth kind of works that way and I'm doing my best for her but the emptiness is omnipresent and in all honesty, I don't know if it's getting easier or harder for me. Even if this was the worst Summer I still don't want to see it end. Fall was André's favorite season and October will be a difficult month to get through since his birthday would have been on the 22nd. After that, the holiday season...

I'm so ready for a full time job, I just can't wait to get super busy!

So? Well I haven't been posting as regularly as I used to for there are things that I have to take care of. Life is kind of getting in the way of blogging but I've been following my bloggerette friends, reading and leaving comments here and there. I've just not been as regular as usual, sorry about that guys!

Fall is coming...

There's no way around it! Fall is coming and soon This week I've noticed how the Sun hits my yard, the angle has changed and days are definitely shorter. I'll have to retire my beloved Coral Glow and my flip flops. This means that I'll also have to start wearing socks again for the next seven months at least!!! Oh the torture! Shoes, heavier clothes, coats...

Aaaargh!

While many are excited about the new Fall colors in makeup I'm not and so, I'm going for a gentle transition... I'm wearing Guerlain Madame Batifole nail polish all matchy matchy on both hands and feet at the moment and I've worn my MUFE Rouge Artist Natural in N9 (Copper Pink) and darker shades on my eyes a few times this week. Skin care will have to be adjusted too. Until now I was able to get away with only Estée Lauder BB cream in the morning, but soon I'll have to go back to using both moisturizer and foundation and I'll probably have to use an eye cream again as well. Extra steps!

*Le Sigh*


Automne, Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939)


What caught my attention this week...


The first two links are great makeup tutorials for Asian eyes...

Explaining Asian Eye Anatomy For Eyeshadow Application, The Unknown Beauty Blog. Great tutorial made by Olivia.

The Monolid Trilogy. Part 3, Mostly Sunny. Sunny tackled the same subject as Olivia earlier this Summer. I'm giving you the link to part 3 so you can work your way back with the links provided.


5 Eye Brushes Every Woman Should Own, Beautiful With Brains.

How to depot your Mac eyeshadows, Expat Make-Up Addict. Stacey shows us how she customizes her M.A.C palettes with an easy step by step tutorial.

Haackensack Original Wimpernlöffel, Kiss & Makeup Beauty Blog. Ever heard of using a spoon to apply mascara? I had. Years ago a makeup artist I used to work with used one on her clients, especially the ones who had a hard time to stay still during mascara application. Melissa shows us a spoon made just for that.

Latest Beauty Fads to Waste Your Money, Moxie Reviews. Although I do believe charcoal can help with pimples the others listed here are just nuts and crazy expensive. Bird poop, bee venom, gold and diamonds!

New Skin Cream To Do Something, The Onion. At first I honestly thought this was a genuine article! *headdesk*

From jasmine to rotting flesh, flowers emit fragrance to attract pollinators, Brian Palmer for The Washington Post Health & Science. Tweeted by Victoria from Eau MG a Fragrance and Beauty Blog. This is a great article if you like fragrances. Oh and do have a look at Victoria's blog, a recent discovery to me, her writing style is beautiful!

Sunday Sharing: Product Photography Made Easy, ChloeAsh. Lily and her hubby make a great team! See what great idea they came up with for product photography. Now all I need is a good camera!

Finally, un petit bijou!!! Sorry if you have seen this before but it was a first for me. This is so smart I almost fell off my chair reading it. I'm not much of a glitter nail polish person but my daughter enjoys them once in a while. The problem with them is, the removal process can be a pain! Here's a smart solution...

(How to) Easily Remove Glitter Nail Polish, Pretty Gossip


For your viewing enjoyment...

While on the subject of nails here is the promo for the new O.P.I Fall 2013 San Francisco collection. Described by O.P.I as urban inspired, street chic style. It channels the spirit of the city through a range sea and sky blues, Chinatown reds, creamy chocolaty browns and glimmering metallics. I have yet to see the colors in person but I'm quite sure I'll be getting a few if not a mini kit.





Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...