Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

YSL Nuits Fauves Manucure Couture Duos...

Hmm recently Dior launched a revamped nail care collection which includes an Instant French Manicure Pen. Honestly, I thought the french mani was out but apparently it's not the case. The formula of Dior's pen seems pretty good but has a bit of a Liquid Paper look if it's not covered by a light sheer beige or pink nail polish. I already own a few similar gadgets and since I wore that style on my nails for roughly ten years I can say I'm over it. A little before that in August, Dior had brought us a Magnetic Nail Lacquer with a magnet also a little too late in my opinion. This type of finish when it came out was kind of interesting but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Now enters YSL with another trend I thought we were over and done with, the crackle effect!





Nuits Fauves Manucure Couture...

In February 2014, on the 13th to be exact, YSL will launch four kits that include a base color and a black crackling top coat that will shrink enough to give the effect of leopard prints.

I wasn't much into nail colors at the time the crackle effect was in fashion and in fact didn't really care for it. Nice on furniture but on nails... Good thing we all like different things coz if it were up to me some would find my type of fashion a little boring after a while. I tend to be a little on the classic conservative side...

Back to YSL and this new/old crackle thing. It would seem that they've improved on the effect because what I've seen of it appears pretty stunning! The effect is much more classic than what we've seen so far from this type of nail art. Less grunge, more elegant...




Four duos will be available...

Duo N° 1: Griffe Dorée, Gold and Black
Duo N° 2: Griffe d'Argent, Metal Grey and Black
Duo N° 3: Griffe de Sable, Taupe and Black
Duo N° 4, Griffe de Jade, Soft Khaki and Black




Apparently the black crackling top goat creates the same effects on any nail polish so it can be used with other colors. I'm not a metallic fan but both N° 3 and N° 4 duos (top left and bottom left on the picture) look interesting enough for me to consider getting one... Hey if I'm to try this crackling thing, might as well go for the top! Like I said, the beige and the khaki look quite nice so I can simply ditch the black if ever the look doesn't work for me. :)

I'm guessing these will be more popular than YSL's Spring 2013 Tie & Dye Top Coats. The four colors were quite nice but the price was way up there for the sheerness of the finish. These YSL duos from what information I was able to get should be in the $35.00 range but I don't know if they are full sizes or smaller like Dior Bird of Paradise nail polish duos from Spring 2013.

The launch date leaves me puzzled. Seems to me they would have made a smash this upcoming holiday season! No? And why February 13th? A week earlier so ladies could look vampy for their beau on Valentine's Day would have been better but maybe that's just me. I'm not in the secrets of the high fashion gods. :)


What do you think of these trends making a come back? Hmm were they ever out?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...