Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Clinique Black Honey Lip Duo / Review & Swatches

This seemed like such a good idea at the time! Combining Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey with a Long Last Glosswear SPF15 gloss.

In 2011, Clinique came out with a small collection based on Black Honey. I remember at the time being tempted by the blush but sadly passed. What I did get was this duo.

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey is quite unique. It looks so dark but it's really a color you can make your own depending on your lips' pigmentation and on how thick you apply it. On me, with only a few swipes, it's my lips but better. Combined with the Black Honey gloss, the finish is a little darker, more polished.

I just loved the idea of the two together but sadly the packaging is not even worth that of a drugstore brand.

This is what it looked like when I first got it:




This is what it looked like after a few months in my purse:




To make matters worst, the cap on the lipstick side kept falling off. Of all the lipsticks I own, this is truly one of the most disappointing as far as packaging is concerned. Needless to say I didn't even want to take it out of my purse in public. 

If only Clinique could release Black Honey as one of their regular Long Last Glosswear colors I'd be a happy girl. At the moment, it's only available through this duo.

Here below are the best swatches I could come up with. As you can see, the colors are nothing like one would imagine just by looking at the lipstick or the gloss. 


On the left, Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, 
Middle, Long Last Glosswear in Black Honey,
On the right, lipstick & gloss layered.


Clinique Black Honey Lip Duo is still available at Sephora for $25.00. 

Since I want to keep it in my purse, I'll be replacing only the lipstick which goes for $19.00. The extra $6.00 for this duo is in my view not worth it, unless it's kept at home, but then what would be the point?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...