Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

M.A.C. Baking Beauties

Now available online, it launches in stores on April 18th.

I don't know what to think about this collection. I know that in the past few years the cupcake business has been booming, due, in part, to a very successful television show called DC Cupcakes starring Katherine and Sophie, sisters and co-founders of Georgetown Cupcakes. Going with the flow and since M.A.C. can't open a bakery and start selling cupcakes, they've done the next best thing to take advantage of the new fab.

Hmmm... Really?







Recently I was excited about the Archie's Girls Collection for the simple reason that I used to love reading those comics. Seeing the products at the M.A.C.'s counter I ended up being underwhelmed, especially by the eye shadow quads. The colors where nice but the quality of the packaging wasn't too impressive.

So here we go with cupcakes! I haven't seen any of the products but from the pictures, again, I am underwhelmed. Could it be because I don't have much of a sweet tooth? I don't think so, I guess seeing so much shimmer is a downer for me. The only offerings in this collection that I want to have a close look at are the Baking Beauties Pearlmate Face Powders.


Baking Beauties Pearlmate Face Powder in Pink Buttercream


Baking Beauties Pearlmate Face Powder in In for a Treat 


I'm curious to see the finish of these. Still, I'm not sure I would go for either. I find them a little gimmicky and might get bored with them fast. Good thing the price isn't too outrageous. They will sell for $35.00. I wonder if Katherine and Sophie would go for these?

If you want to see the entire collection, visit Chic Profile, Tavia has pictures with the names and prices of every item.

Ok I know I've said that I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I could totally go for one of Georgetown Cupcakes' Lemon Blossom cupcake! Here is a screen capture from their menu page of what it looks like.



This looks like a little piece of Heaven! :D



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...