Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden / Review

Recently I've been on the hunt for an eyeshadow base. Until now I've always used my regular concealer to hide the little lid redness I have. Alternating between Laura Mercier and Rimmel, I never really had an issue with eyeshadow performance. My everyday shade was M.A.C. Putty and sadly it's been discontinued. It was just perfect for my "no makeup" makeup look.





Since the GOSH eyeshadow was performing poorly I figured I would try it with an eyeshadow base. I looked at the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and wasn't impressed. Transparent with shimmer, I was disappointed. I need a primer with a little color for the reason mention previously. I ended up stopping my choice at Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden. It almost appeared like a light concealer. I tried a bit on my hand and was satisfied with the texture.



Hands and lids are NOT the same!

The next morning I tried applying it with my fingers. Fail! It went on too thick and started cracking. I know I should say creased here but believe me, cracking is more appropriate!

On my second trial, I used less and applied it with my concealer brush. Fail! Although it wasn't as thick, it still cracked.

After the fourth trial I gave up! On top of the bad effect it was very drying.

When you have lids that are starting to wrinkle a little, a crackling effect is not what you're going for. I think it's even out of style for nails!

Would I recommend Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden?

Sorry but that's a big resounding no!

So, I returned it to Sephora today. The SA who took care of the transaction gave me a sample of the original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. She told me that it was her ultimate favorite, along with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I'll use it this week and see how it goes.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...