Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rimmel London Glam Eyes Quad in 018 Romance / Review

For a little while now I've been looking for neutral eye shadows. Nothing dramatic, just to apply as a base for my every day no makeup look. There are several new options out there as well as some stunning ones coming out soon but since I wanted something "now" and also considering the fact that my wallet is a little angry with me these days, I decided to have a look at one of my local pharmacies.

Rimmel London Glam Eyes Quad in 018 Romance is one option I've been eying for a bit now. On the cool side, these light colors are perfect for someone with a fair complexion and green eyes. Except for the white on top, the other three are perfect for intended purposes. They have a little shimmer but I figured it would be nothing that would make me think I'm going to Club 54.






Now believe me I tried to bring you swatches but my camera just keeps saying no! Since 
these colors are so light they just didn't show at all on my skin whether in sunlight or shade.


Although they did not show on my skin for pictures, they do show up on my lids. This is not a combination I would use for a "look". These are way to pale and would make me look sick. These are base or highlight colors for me.

The white is slightly pearly, iridescent but I will not be using it much, I rarely go for such light colors. It can be used to lighten the inner corners of the eyes but that's not a look I'm comfortable with.

The lilac on the left, is matte but not in a chalky way, it goes on easily and gives a subtle boost to my green eyes.

Both the pink and the taupe have specks of glitters in them! Grrrr! The first time I tried them I ended up with shiny bits all over my face. Not good for a no makeup makeup look. Not disco ball like and in fact these could be flattering if only they would stick to the skin but they don't. So what to do? I put a tissue on my cheek and make sure to blow on my brush before applying to the lid. Keeping the tissue in place, I then use my fan brush to make sure I don't have any crazy little glitter bits remaining. I do believe the pink has more than the taupe so that's a relief since I got this quad for that specific neutral shade.

So that was a little disappointing but I can still work with it for the time being and as I said, this taupe is perfect! I'll be taking it with me to compare with higher end eye shadows, to find a similar color when my wallet gives me permission. *fingers crossed* it'll be soon.

Staying power, not bad at all. I wore the purple on a very hot and humid day and after about seven hours it was still on my lids. It actually performed better than my Make Up For Ever Ioden Green which goes for $24.00.

Would I recommend Rimmel London eye shadows? Yes.

They don't have the finesse of high end brands but they do an honest job and the purple did last longer than my MUFE and since they are so affordable, I personally think they are a great option to try out colors.  These are also great to take on vacation when you don't want to take the chance of damaging your latest Chanel quad. :)


What are you favorite drugstore eye shadows, do you have any?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...