Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant / Review

This is a product for which I waited a long while before writing a review. Since I don't sweat a lot or at least not more than the next person, I wanted to use it under all conditions possible, especially given it's $14.00 price, before telling you my thoughts about it.







As per Kiehl's...

"Our unique preparation is an unscented, extremely gentle, yet efficient anti-perspirant and deodorant cream offering unique skin care benefits. Leaves skin feeling soft, soothed and conditioned with 24-hour protection against sweat and odor. Reduces underarm perspiration utilizing advanced micro-sized drying molecules for sheer absorption with no residue. Through our truly unique blend of ingredients, underarm hair will feel softer, resulting in a smoother shave experience."




How did it perform? Quite nicely.

Odorless, it not only kept my under arm area dry but soft. It also helped control the itchiness that occurs after shaving and that in my book is a very good thing. This past Winter I've had no issues with it even on those occurrences where I got stuck indoors with my coat on for long periods of time. This happens to all of us, either stuck in a waiting room or shopping. Under each arm I applied the equivalent of about 1/4 tsp.

Hot and humid days? Well, we've only had a few of those so far but I did use it. I would not rely on Kiehl's completely when it's 40 Celsius outside, especially since it's unscented. For some reason I find unscented deodorants less effective when the mercury goes up and I think it would be nice if Kiehl's offered a version with fragrance.

Although I said I would not rely on Kiehl's for an entire day of hot and humid temperature, I wouldn't rely on any. There are days where you simply have to keep a deodorant in your purse, at least I do. I don't use any clinical formulas anymore for they end up burning my skin. If you're ok with them than please do keep using.

Would I recommend Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant? Yes & No.

Yes, as long as you keep it with you on those extremely hot days. It's gentle, non irritating and helps soothe the skin after shaving. The gel/cream formula penetrates quickly into the skin and it doesn't leave any residue on clothes.

No if you tend to sweat a lot to begin with, work physically outside or spend a lot of time at the gym.

Lastly, the price. At $14.00, it's a good but not outstanding product so it's up to you to decide if you want to spend that much especially if you don't have any sensitivity issues. If you do than it is a good option.

I haven't decided yet but I may repurchase for Winter use and for the days after shaving. Then again, I may try other formulas to bring you more reviews. :)


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4.1 / 5 lippies for 138 reviews.
Beauté-test: 3.1 / 5 stars for 2 reviews.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...