Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Lierac Démaquillant Pureté Foaming Cleansing Gel / Review

In my last little entry about what was new at my little local drugstore I mentioned they had received Lierac Paris skin care. Since I go there often and buy quite a bit *hides*, I should be able to bring you several reviews since the nice ladies there can provide me with small trial size jars they can fill up with whatever I want (more about that at the end of this entry). Ain't it cool?





So as my first product I bring you the Démaquillant Pureté Foaming Cleansing Gel...




As per Lierac...

Recommended for combination to oily skin, this crystal-clear gel perfectly removes makeup and leaves skin feeling clear and purified.
  • Botanical “honey” and detoxifying probiotics: the combination of these two active ingredients forms the Écoskin complex to help preserve the skin’s ecosystem and stimulate its natural defenses.
  • Star anise and lime extracts: selected for their clarifying, astringent, refreshing and purifying properties.
  • Gentle cleansing agents.

Ok so I didn't know that skin had an ecosystem! 

What I do know is that this cleanser is excellent! It does clean perfectly and yes, I even used it on my eye area. You don't need a lot to get a light gentle foam. I don't know how much product the pump dispenses but I get the feeling it would be a bit much so go easy on it the first times you use it if ever you decide to purchase it. I didn't have any difficulty to rinse it off which was quite nice since I had almost given up on gel cleansers for that reason. Recently I had been preferring foam cleansers.

How did my skin feel after? I have combination skin and my t-zone has been a little oilier recently due to the weather getting warmer. This gel cleansed perfectly but it did leave my skin a little tight. No biggie for me since I follow with the rest of my skin care. Even if it had that effect I must say that after four nights, my skin doesn't feel any drier and that goes for the eye area as well.

What I didn't like, the fragrance. Star anise and lime extracts, together create a kind of strong herbal scent that I'm not too fond of. Since scent is important to me I would not purchase the full size and I'm quite glad to have had the chance to try it first. 


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: there are no reviews of this cleanser at this time.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 76 reviews.

Ingredients (Beauté-test)
Aqua, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Lactobacillus Ferment, Decyl Glucoside, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Maltodextrin, Propylene Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Citric Acid, Alcohol, Sodium Salicylate, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Tocopherol, Green 3 (CI 42053).


The trick to get samples...

Not every company makes them and sometimes when they do they're so small you might as well have not tried the product at all. Many drugstores and some department stores brands now have little jars, as mentioned at the beginning of this entry, which can be filled from testers. To make sure you won't leave empty handed, get travel size jars from the dollar store and keep in your purse, their sizes are usually good for a 3 to 4 days trial period. 

In my view, samples are for those genuinely interested in a product, especially in the case of skin care. You want to make sure the texture, the fragrance if there is one and especially the formula will agree with you. Those who tend to be reactive, clog prone, acne prone or have any major skin issue should do this before buying unless the store has a good return policy.

In the past months I've developed a rapport with the ladies at my little drugstore. They know I write a blog, they know I'm a frequent buyer and I don't ask for freebies. They are the ones who suggested preparing samples for me. Really super sweet of them!

Some brands or drugstores will graciously give you samples depending on your interest in a product. Whenever you buy something, ask for them and aim for something you really want to try according to your skin type. If they don't have any, take out your little jar. Oh and don't go for products with jar packaging unless they are new. Since they are testers and anyone can dip their fingers in them, best avoid.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...