Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Laura Mercier Foundation Powder / Review

I've had this for a while now and have no idea why it hasn't been reviewed yet. This was a present from my lovely webfriend Marilla who lives in London. See my original entry, here.

Laura Mercier Foundation Powder, presented in a compact, is a product that can be used wet or dry. I haven't tried it wet since I don't feel the need for the extra coverage. Dry, it works beautifully in evening out my skin. It is a little heavier than a regular powder and does leave a light cast but that's easily taken care of. The color, 01, perfect for me. For some reason Marilla knew that! :)





I must admit that I was a little scared about trying this one after my disappointment with the Mineral Finishing Powder reviewed, here. Now since Marilla was gracious enough to send it to me it was only fair to give it a good try.




In reality the color, No 1, is a little more yellow than 
on the picture but still gives me a natural finish.


How do I use it?

Dry with a big fluffy powder brush. It goes on evenly and to help with the light cast I usually finish off with the small Dior brush which came with my Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Coral Glow Compact. See, told ya I would find a use for it. Full review, here. It's important to point out that the finish is quite matte so it's perfect as a base for satiny colors.

How does it perform? Good.

All in all it is a good product but in all honesty I find it overpriced, especially considering the quality of the compact itself. It sells for $50.00 at Sephora.


The compact is quite plain and except for the color and of course the type of product, 
almost identical to Marcelle's compact powder reviewed, here.


So far the compact foundation that has impressed me the most is one from Avon. Yes Avon! The Smooth Minerals Compact Foundation reviewed, here, is quite simply amazing. It's regular price is $12.99 but it's often reduced to $9.99, a fifth of Laura Mercier's and surprisingly the compact is quite sturdy and I must say less bulky as well.

Beside the price the main difference between the two is that Avon has a discrete shimmer and this translates into a very natural finish, more so than Laura Mercier's matte finish. If applied too heavily it can look cakey and that's not a good thing so best be careful about that if you choose to go with it. Still, like I've already mentioned, as a base for shimmery or satiny colors, it's perfect.

Had I not known about Avon's option, I may have considered repurchasing Laura Mercier Foundation Powder but since I can get a good one for way less, well, the choice is easy and it makes my wallet happy!

Do I recommend Laura Mercier Foundation Powder? Yes & No

Yes because it is a good product that does what it's suppose to do beautifully. No due to the price and the quality of the compact.


To Marilla, Muito Obrigado Bella! xoxoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...