Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil / Review

What can I say about this other than Wow? What a cheap thrill!

When I go to the drugstore I usually spend most of my time in the cosmetics department and when I roam  through the other sections it's mainly for something specific, an essential that has to be replaced. The other day I spent a little more time in the hair products section in search of hair styling items and stumbled upon this oil. On special at $3.99 I figured why not give it a try.







As you can see it's not the type of bottle you'd display proudly in your bathroom. It's a thin, cheapish plastic bottle and because of it's small bottom it tends to fall easily. The spray reminds me of some hair spray or insect repellent but it works really well. By now you're probably thinking, why bother?

Ok so this is like the Rimmel London of body oils! Bad packaging but as with some of Rimmel's offerings, with a surprising product inside! And no, I never thought I would try a hair product on my skin but it does say on the bottle, hair, body and face. In other words it's an all purpose oil from the shampoo aisle. Hmm!

My favorite fragrant body oil so far is Lierac's Huile Sensorielle aux Trois Fleurs Collection Blanche. Camelia, jasmin and gardenia are the essential oils that give it it's unique fragrance and I just love the combination. Since the price is close to $50.00 I use it only on my arms and décolleté but if I could, I would probably bathe in it!

When I got home and sprayed Fructis Miracle Oil on my arm "at first smell", I went, yikes! I really thought about insect repellent! I love citrus but here it wasn't pleasant and I could almost recognise some remnants of Mr Clean as well. So this was not a good start! Honestly, I almost washed it off.

About 30 minutes later I smelled my arm again and... wow!

The horrible cheapish citrus had completely evaporated and in its place was this beautiful soft fragrance with hints or orange that is extremely similar to... Lierac!!!

At the beginning of this entry I sprayed some on my arms and can't stop smelling them! No kidding!

The consistency is much lighter than Lierac, in fact some don't like Huile Sensorielle because they find it too heavy. It's also not quite as moisturizing but that's ok by me, this makes it a good option for summer, coming out of the shower and since it's so cheap I can use it all over without feeling guilty!

The fragrance is not quite the same but oh, so close. A little more orange and not as refined, now that's not surprising given the price difference, the ingredients are not of the same quality. Still it's an unsuspected and truly affordable dupe that on my skin lasts a good six hours. If you have been curious about Lierac's fragrance, try this first, although a little different, it will give you a good idea and you'll be able to decide to go for it or not. If you have tried and disliked Huile Sensorielle then you best steer clear of this one.


I paid $3.99 for this??? I will surely keep a few back ups.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 3.6 / 5 lippies for 7 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4.2 / 5 stars for 677 reviews.


Ingredients:
Isopropyl palmitate, octyldodecanol, isopropyl myristate, isododecane, olea europaea oil/olive fruit oil, sesamum indicum oil/sesame seed oil, persea gratissma oil/avocado oil, prunus amygoalus dulcis oil/sweet almond oil, prunus armeniacakernel/apricot kernel oil, butyrospermium parkii butter/Shea butter, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl salicylate, limonene, citrusaurantium dulcis oil/orange peel oil, benzyl alcohol, linalool, citronellol, isoeugenol, hydroxcitronellal, geraniol, parfum



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...